Starting July 01, 2020, South Korea Visa will stop using sticker visa. According KVAC (Korea Visa Application Center) in Jakarta, Indonesia, they will change sticker visa to visa grant notice which can be downloaded on Visa portal website and print it.
To see the grant notice, use the same method when you check the application status.
The requirement document is the same as before. You can start to apply for single-entry visa 3 months before departure date. But my suggestions is, apply 1.5-2 months before is better. Usually, some people need longer time to approve (usual time is 5 business day).
After you got the notice, print and bring the notice together with your passport. When you arrive at South Korea, the immigration will check both of them.
Usually, people like to collect visa or stamp of other countries. And the more you have them in your passport, the more you like it. But it’s getting lesser and lesser, South Korea without sticker visa and no stamp when you travel in there.
South Korea Visa?When people hearing about applying for South Korea Visa, a lot of people has already feel it’s complicated, because too many documents that needed for apply a visa. But here’s it is, this month I try to apply for South Korea Multiple Visa.
One of condition to apply Multiple Visa is, you had went to South Korea at least 1 times. And I have already been there 2 times before, so I decided to apply Multiple Visa.
At first, I plan to apply at the embassy directly. But after ask around, many multiple visa that applied via travel agent also has been approved easily. I live in Magelang, located at Central Java. So the fee to go to Jakarta is too expensive. So, I decided to apply via Travel Agent.
The other requirements is as same as when you are applying for Single Visa. I just modify my Sponsor Letter for multiple visa and give statement to why I want to apply for Multiple Visa. Everything is just addition, if you didn’t want to add them, it’s okay.
Multiple Visa Requirements: 1. Passport that still be used at least 8 months before expired and also old passport that have Korean Visa inside. 2. Copy of all pasport name, visa and stamp. 3. Copy of identity ID 4. Copy of Birth Certificate 5. Copy of Family Card 6. Sponsor Letter
7. Copy of Bank Reference You can ask from the bank, usually they already have a format for it. Just make sure it is in English, and to Embassy of South Korea.
8. Copy of bank account transaction the last 3 months If possible, please don’t add any significant amount between 3 months, if you wants to borrow some money from your parents, you can add it before 3 months. Or, you can borrow little amount by amount and don’t forget, make it beautiful (income, and outcome). There’s no rule how much do you need for the amount, just make it as you have job and live.
9. Copy of SPT Tahunan (annual tax yearly) Some people said, if you didn’t have this, you can still apply by make statement if you didn’t have SPT PPT21 / annual tax letter, especially when you apply directly to embassy. But, if you apply from travel agent, they will ask you to provide it at least, maybe from your parents, brothers, or sisters. But if you really don’t have it, they are willing to proceed it, with applicant consent (approve or not is all by embassy, or if embassy ask for it, you have to be able to provide it later).
10. Multiple Visa Statement Letter I decided to make statement letter, with materai 6000 and my sign. So the embassy will be more trust me that I will always back to Indonesia before the maximum of stay. This letter is not mandatory.
11. 2pcs of Pas Foto 4x6cm / 3.5×4.5cm with background white. My travel agent ask for 4x6cm Pas foto, but in application form it said 3.5×4..5cm. So you better ask your travel agent for it. In embassy, it also required 4x6cm.
12. Copy of deposit billing, credit card billing, five stars member, etc. This is just additional, you don’t have to include it.
13. Copy of Flight Ticketing
14. Copy of Voucher Hotel
15. Copy of ItineryFor number 13-15, for travel agent, they wants this to be included, but in embassy, this is not mandatory.
If you want to try to apply directly in embassy, you don’t need the flight ticketing, voucher hotel and itinery. But remember, for SINGLE ENTRY, once the visa granted, it will expired after 3 months from the date it granted — for example, the single visa granted at 10 January 2017, so before 10 April 2017, you have to enter Korea —
Usually, the flight ticket has already very expensive. Many people buy the promo ticket which more than 6 months before departure. And the risk is, the visa is not granted.
Because I plan to go on November 2018, and I have already had Flight Ticketing, and Voucher Hotel, so I send all of them. I still plan to go to South Korea on April 2019 for Cherry Blossom Festival, but I haven’t had ticket yet, so I didn’t mention about this in my letter.
That’s the requirements for applying Multiple Visa, which is the same when you apply for Single Visa.
For information, Single Entry Visa: IDR 576.000 in Embassy via travel agent that I use to apply: IDR 850.000 Multiple Entry Visa: IDR 1.296.000 in Embassy via travel agent that I use to apply: IDR 1.600.000
Multiple entry visa proceed only 1 day once our documents enter the embassy. But if you apply via travel agent, spare about 1-1.5 weeks processing time because they need to send it first to Jakarta and send back.
Today, I went to Nusantara Tour Yogyakarta to apply South Korean Tourist Visa. If you live in Jakarta, you can apply the visa directly to the embassy. But because I live far away from Jakarta, so I and also some of my friends decided to apply the visa by travel agent.
To apply visit South Korean visa, you need C-3-2 visa. First, you needed some document (This information for Indonesian Residents, you can see it in here). PS: I will write it in Indonesian.
Paspor asli (masa berlaku lebih dari 6 bulan sebelum tanggal habis berlaku)
Fotokopi paspor (halaman identitas depan-belakang beserta visa/cap negara-negara yang telah dikunjungi)
Surat Keterangan Kerja / Surat Sponsor (dibubuhkan stempel perusahaan/toko) dan fotokopi SIUP dari tempat bekerja
Surat Keterangan Mahasiswa / Pelajar bagi yang masih bersekolah
Surat Referensi dari Bank (asli)
Fotokopi Bukti Keuangan Bank 3 bulan terakhir (legalisir bank)
Fotokopi SPT Tahunan
Tiket Pesawat PP yang sudah konfirm
Konfirmasi pemesanan hotel
Itinery perjalanan selama di Korea Selatan
Passport (more than 6 months before expired date) and copy passport (copy the identity front page and last page, and also the page which consist of visa/stemple of country that you have visited)
Visa Application Form, you can download it in here
Photo 3×4 with background white, 2pcs
Copy of Kartu Keluarga
Sponsorship Letter from company where you work (with stemple), and copy of SIUP
Student Letter for those who still study
Reference letter from bank company (original from bank)
Copy of proof financial from bank account for the last 3 months (autorized by bank)
Copy of NPWP
Copy of SPT
Confirmation of flight round trip
Confirmation of Hotel Booking
Trip itinery in South Korea
NB: Different country has different requirement. So, it’s better if you contact South Korean Embassy in your country for more details.
Because I’m applying at travel agent, so I need to pay more than the original cost. But it’s okay because the flight cost to Jakarta is more expensive than apply visa at travel agent cost.
It take 7-10 days (workday) to proccess. And if the embassy ask for additional document, they will notify you.
So I have approximately 2 weeks to waiting and pray, hope I got the visa.
PS: > For copy of proof financial, there’s no minimum requirement for it. As long as the cost enough to cover your journey in South Korea (just count 1 days = 100 USD), and 3 months before you apply, make sure your account has an active transaction (credit and debit).